Four Tips to Boost Your AdWords Campaigns in 2018
Are you running Google Adwords campaigns? In this blog post, we will look at a few simple but highly effective tips to that will boost your performance in 2018. Whether you are looking for tactics that could optimize your existing Adwords campaigns or you’re thinking about jumping into search advertising, try these four tips.
CDD Provides The Best AdWords Management in the Business
1. Familiarize Yourself with the New AdWords Dashboard: There are plenty of useful features that were not available in the previous AdWords, such as bundling different campaign types, new filtering suggestions, and advanced bid adjustment options.
2. Use Dynamic Search Ads – If you want to create ads that mirror search intent, ads that people actually use when they search for a product/service relevant to your business, use dynamic search ads.
Instead of writing about your business or a product, spend some time researching for what phrases people are using when they are searching for a product or service you offer and use it in your ad copy title and descriptions. By focusing on phrases that searchers are more likely to use, you have a better chance to get their attention.
3.Take Advantage of Ad Extensions
Google Adwords has decided to stop using review extensions, and I have no problem with that, because Google wouldn’t really approve of Any reviews, there are a few highly useful extensions that could help to improve the click-through rate on ads and earn you better positioning in search result pages.
One of the coolest new ad extensions is the Promotional Extension. Essentially, it shows special sales and offers with your ad.
These are the main promotion types:
Advertisers have to specify which of these categories best describes their sale or promotion:
- Monetary discount: A static dollar amount that a product will be discounted. The ad will say “$X off…”
- Percent discount: A set percent that all orders will be discounted. The ad will say “X% off….”
- Up to monetary discount: A maximum static dollar amount that your orders may be discounted. The ad will say “Up to $X off…”
- Up to percent discount: A maximum percent that your orders may be discounted. The ad will say “Up to X% off…”
Test any available ad extensions for your ads and see which are best for you.
4. Utilize Audience Targeting
Google Adwords has targeting for specific audiences, not only within display campaigns, but in search campaigns too.
You can choose the type of audiences you want to reach by their intent, allowing you to target users who are actively researching products or services that are relevant to your business. You can also utilize remarketing, which lets you reach people who have previously interacted with your business, typically within a select time period. Demographic targeting is also a very interesting feature that lets you target campaigns to specific audiences based on things like age, gender or income, by bidding up your top performing genders, age or average annual income.
In display campaigns, other than the intent and remarketing targeting, you can also use affinity targeting, which will let you reach groups of people based on their lifestyles and purchasing habits.
Don’t forget to experiment with different types of ads and targeting, and learn from your campaigns. You should be in your account daily.
If you could use assistance implementing any of the tips that were covered in this post, message me and I will assist you.